BROWN, Gerald R.
Born 1930 in Rome, N.Y., U.S.A.
- 1956 BSc in Civil Engineering, Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada
- 1966 MSc in Town Planning, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- 1971 PhD in Transportation, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- 1956-1964 Highway Engineering, Ontario
- 1966-1967 Transportation Planning Consultant, Toronto
- 1970 Started Transportation Engineering Program at U.B.C.
- since 1970 Civil Engineering Faculty, U.B.C.
- 1980-1990 Co-Director, U.B.C. Accident Investigation Unit
MAIN AREAS OF INTEREST
- Urban Transportation Demand Modelling
- Mode Choice Modelling
- Environmental Impact of Transportation Systems
- traffic Conflicts
- driver Behaviour and Road Design
- BROWN G.R. 1991 (in press), Use of Traffic Conflicts for Near-Miss Reporting, in Near Miss Reporting as a Safety Tool, Butterworth publishers Ltd., United Kingdom
- BROWN G.R. & COOPER P.J. 1991 (in press), Role of Conflicts in Traffic Analysis, Bulletin, Lund Institute of Technology, University of Lund
- BROWN G.R. 1990, Conflict/Accident Analysis of an Unsafe Intersection, Bulletin 86, Lund Institute of Technology, University of Lund
- Van der HORST A.R.A. & BROWN G.R. 1989, Time to Collision and Driver Decision-Making in Braking, TNO Institute for Perception, IZF C-23, Soesterberg
- BROWN G.R. 1986, Some Data Considerations for Traffic Accident Research, Proceedings of the World Conference on Transport Research, Vancouver
- BROWN G.R. 1986, Application of Traffic Conflicts for Intersection Hazards and Improvements, in Theory and Practice of Urban Traffic Safety, Scientific Association for Transport, Budapest
Publications at ICTCT workshops
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.
Dep. of Civil Engineering
2324 Main Mall
Phone: +1 604 822 4379
Fax: +1 604 822 6901