• Master of Science in Applied Economics (Business Engineer), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium (1991)
• Academic teachers’ college for Economics and Applied Economics, Limburgs Universitair Centrum – Diepenbeek, Belgium (2006)
• PhD in Transportation Sciences, Hasselt University, Belgium (2010).
• 1993 – 2003 Ministry of the Flemish Community
• 2003 – … Hasselt University (Belgium) – Transportation Research Institute (IMOB)
• Current position: Postdoctoral Fellow of the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO)
• My primary research interest is road safety, in particular the causes and mechanisms associated with road crashes and countermeasures. My work has also focussed on the quantitative analysis of the relationship between road design and human behaviour including the resulting impact on road safety. I have been involved as researcher and project leader in many projects in this domain.
• Brijs, K., Daniels, S., Brijs, T., & Wets, G. (2011). An experimental approach towards the evaluation of a seat belt campaign with an inside view on the psychology behind seat belt use. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 14(6), 600-613.
• Daniels, S., Brijs, T., Nuyts, E., & Wets, G. (2011). Extended prediction models for crashes at roundabouts. Safety Science, 49(2), 198-207.
• Daniels, S., Brijs, T., Nuyts, E., & Wets, G. (2010). Externality of risk and crash severity at roundabouts. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 42(6), 1966-1973.
• Daniels, S., Brijs, T., & Keunen, D. (2010). Official reporting and newspaper coverage of road crashes: A case study. Safety Science, 48(10), 1469-1476.
• Daniels, S., Vanrie, J., Dreesen, A., & Brijs, T. (2010). Additional road markings as an indication of speed limits: Results of a field experiment and a driving simulator study. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 42(3), 953-960.
|October 2005. Helsinki|
|Traffic safety effects of roundabouts – a review with emphasis on bicyclist’s safety||ABSTR||DANIELS, Stijn; WETS, Geert|
|October 26 – 27. 2006. Minsk|
|Towards a road safety plan for Flanders-Belgium||ABSTR||DANIELS, Stijn;|
|October 25 – 26. 2007. Valencia|
|Safety effects of roundabouts: influence of the design of bicyclist facilities||ABSTR||DANIELS, Stijn;|
|October 22 – 23. 2009. Leeds|
|EXPLAINING DIFFERENCES IN SAFETY PERFORMANCE OF ROUNDABOUTS||DANIELS, Stijn;|
|October 27 – 28. 2011. Warsaw|
|Assessing the impact of road safety policy measures at the regional level: modelling approach and application||DANIELS, Stijn;|
Belgisch Instituut voor de Verkeersveiligheid
Tel: +32 2 244 14 23