ODELEYE, Joshua Adetunji
- Sex: – Male
- Date of Birth: – 8th September, 1963.
- Place of Birth: – Ilesa, Osun State.
- Marital Status: – Married
- Designation: – Principal Staff Development Officer
Educational Institutions Attended:
- University of Lagos, Nigeria – 2008
- Ogun State University, Nigeria – 1998
- Ogun State University, Nigeria – 1997
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria – 1987
- Ph.D. Transportation Geography
University of Lagos
Akoka-Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria – 2008
- M.Sc. Transport Studies
Ogun State University,
Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria – 1998
- PG Dip. Transport Studies
Ogun State University,
Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria – 1997
- B.A. Classical Studies
University of Ibadan, Nigeria – 1987
International Specialized Training Programmes Attended
- 43rd UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Short Course on Environmental Management for Developing and Emerging Countries-Sustainable Transportation, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany – 2007
- Transportation Planning and Safety, India Institute of Technology (ITT)& TRIPP, New Delhi, India. – 2005
- Public-Private Partnerships and Regulation of Transport Infrastructures, The World Bank Institute (WBI), USA. – 2004
- Railway Safety Management, Scandinavian Railways Institute, Angelholm, Sweden. – 2002
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC FELLOWSHIP
Short–Term Visiting Scholar, University of California Transportation Centre (UCTC), Berkeley, California, United States of America. – 2007
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- Member, World Conference of Transport Research Society (WCTRS)
- Chartered Member, Institute of Logistics and Transport (CMILT) UK
- International Conference on Theories and Concept in Traffic Safety (ICTCT), Wien, Austria
- Member, Special Interest Group on International Research and Learning (SIGRIL) USA
- Member, Global Transport Knowledge Partnership (gTKP) UK
- Member, Transport and Social Responsibility Thematic Group, World Bank, USA
- Member, Africa Chapter, Intelligent Transportation Systems, South Africa (ITSSA)
A study of Road Traffic congestion in selected corridors of Metropolitan Lagos, Nigeria.
Area of Research Interest –
Urban Transportation Planning
Published Conference/ Journal Articles:
2009 CONFERENCE ACCEPTED PAPERS
- Natural Gas: The Future Energy Option for Sustainable Urban Public Passengers Transportation in Nigeria. Paper accepted for presentation at the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Nigeria Council Annual International Conference and Exhibition (NAICE 2009)”Future Energy Dynamics: Sustainability, Research and Technology”, 3-5 August, 2009, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Millennium Development Goal and the Imperative of Clean Fuel Utilization in Urban Transportation in Nigeria. Paper accepted for presentation at the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) Congress ‘Alternative Energy Applications: Option or Necessity?’, 3rd-5th Nov.,2009,Kuwait
- Towards Financing and Planning Road Safety Audit Operation in Nigeria. Journal of International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences, (IATSS). Japan, Issue No. 2, 2000.
- Public-Private Participation to Rescue of Railway Development in Nigeria. “Japan Railway and Transport Review”, 23 March 2000 (www.jrtr.net).
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Commercial motorcycle operations in Lagos, Nigeria. In: The Global Book of Transport. Robert Bartlett (ed), 2006. Schorrell Analysis, Schopfheim,Germany. (www.schorrell-analysis.de)
- Rail Option in Urban Transportation in Nigeria. In: Perspective on Urban Transportation in Nigeria, I. Vandu-Chikolo et. al. (ed), 2003. Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT), Zaria, Nigeria.
CONFERENCES ATTENDED AND PUBLICATIONS IN PROCEEDINGS
- A Study of Road Traffic Congestion in Selected Corridors of Metropolitan Lagos. Proceedings World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS), Berkeley, California, USA, June, 2007.
- Travel Demand Management (TDM): A Sustainable Policy option for climate change in developing countries. Proceedings Energy, Environment and Development: Analysing opportunities for reducing Poverty. Organised by TERI and IDDRI, Bangalore, India, December, 2006.
- Identifying the intervening potentials of ITS Technologies in Crash Trends Reduction in Road Passengers Night Travels operations in Nigeria. Proceedings 13th World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), October 2006, London, United Kingdom.
- Journey to school: A Qualitative Appraisal of the Unsafe Features of the Road Traffic Environment in Metropolitan Lagos, Nigeria. Proceedings 15th WHO International Safe Communities Conference, April 2006, Cape Town. South Africa.
- Leapfrog Technologies in Urban Road Traffic Management in Developing Countries: Case of Nigeria. Proceedings 4th Asia Pacific Conference on Transportation and Environment, November 2005, Xi’an, China.
- Safe Routes to Schools-Challenge of Cities in Developing Countries: Case of Nigeria. Proceedings 4th Asia Pacific Conference on Transportation and Environment, November 2005, Xi’an, China.
- Road Traffic Offenders Apprehension Problems in Nigerian Cities: A case for CCTV. Presented at International conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, organised by South African Society for Intelligent Transport Systems, 10-13 May, 2005, Cape Town, South Africa.(www.sasits.org)
- EST Policy Options in Auto-Induced Pollution Control in Developing countries: Case of Nigeria. Proceedings “Environment 2005”, Abu-Dhabi, UAE January, 2005.
- Travel Concession Scheme: The mobility right of Disabled and Elderly in Nigeria. Proceedings 10th International conference on Transportation of Disabled and Elderly (TRANSED 2004), Hamamatsu, Japan. 23th – 26th May, 2004.
- Adaptation of ATC/ATP Technology in Future Automobile Designs, Proceeding of International Telecommunication Union ITU – T Workshop on Standardization in Telecommunications for Motor Vehicles, 24 – 25 November, 2003 ITU Headquarters, Geneva.
- Identifying the Potentials of ITS in Urban Transport Problem Scenario – Case of Metropolitan Lagos ,Nigeria. Proceedings 10th World Congress and Exhibition on Intelligent Transport Systems and Services, 16 – 20 November 2003, Madrid, Spain.
- Comparative Analysis of Railway Accident Investigation Procedure in Sweden and Nigeria Proceedings of the World Congress on Railway Research (WCRR), 28th September – 1 October 2003, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- The Pattern of Intra-Urban Accessibility Problems in Historic Lagos Island, Nigeria. Proceedings of Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) 2003 Technical Conference and Exhibit Compendium, March, 23 – 26 2003, Florida, USA.
- Is ITS the In-thing in Urban Traffic Management Problems? Case of Metropolitan Lagos. Proceedings of International Conference of Intelligent Transportation System Association Washington DC, USA., 2002.
- Railway Technology Transfer as a Dynamic Option for Revitalization of the Railway System in Nigeria. J. A. Odeleye and A. M. Yusuf (2002). Proceedings at the National Conference “Revitalization of the Railway System in Nigeria: The Challenges of the 21st Century, 14th –16th August, 2002, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria.
- Towards Gender Sensitive Urban Transport Planning and Operations in Metropolitan Lagos. Proceedings of the 4th International Forum on Urban Poverty (IFUP) Marrech, Morocco, October 2001 (www.ifup.org/www.unep.org).
- Towards Revamping Urban Cycling Tradition in Nigeria. International Union of Public Transport (UITP), Belgium, MOBI + Publication, December, 2000. (www.uitp.com)
- Improved Road Traffic Environment for Better Child Safety in Nigeria. The 13th International Co-operation on Theories and Concepts in Traffic Safety (ICTCT) Workshop. October 5th and 6th 2000. (www.ictct.org)/www.childfriendly cities.org/resources/database.html
- Managing Road Traffic Congestion in a Megacity: Case of Metropolitan Lagos. Proceedings of the First International Conference of Postgraduate Research in the Built and Human Environment. 15-16 March 2001, University of Salford, U.K. pp.158-165.
- On the Need to Revamp Cycling Tradition in South West Nigeria. 9th World Congress of Transport Research Conference. July 22-27, 2001, Seoul, Korea.
- Integrating the Disable Needs in Urban Transport Policy Planning in Nigeria. Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled People (TRANSED), 2-5 July 2001, Warsaw, Poland
- The New Mobility Agenda ThinkPad.
- Gender, Equity and Transfer Forum.
- Sustran- Discuss
Publications at ICTCT workshops
Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT)
Transport School Department