Born 1946 in Enschede, The Netherlands
- 1971 Academic Degree in Sociology, University of Nijmegen, specialisation in research methods and in urban and rural sociology
- 1971 – 1988 at Institute for Applied Sociology, studies in the areas of outdoor recreation, quality of the urban environment, land use development
- 1989 – 1991 Project coordinator international SIRIUS project
- 1994 – 1995 Evaluation manager international ACCEPT project
- 1996 – 1997 Work area leader and country-coordinator VADEMECUM project
- 1996 – 1999 Work area leader FORCE1 and FORCE3 projects, EU 4th Framework Programme
- 1998 – 1999 at ERTICO, Brussels, as an evaluation expert in the Telematics Applications Programme-Transport, EU 4th Framework Programme
- 1989 – 2004 at ITS, University of Nijmegen, studies in the areas of traffic and transport and regional development
- Katteler, H. & Van der Heijden, R, Public acceptance of enforced speed adaptation in the urban area. Paper at the 3rd International Conference on Urban Regeneration and Sustainability, Siena, 2004.
- Katteler, H., Acceptance of Lane Departure Warning (LDWA) Systems. ITS, Nijmegen, 2003.
- Katteler, H., Woldringh, C. & Vermeulen, W. Traffic safety related attitudes of secondary school pupils and their accident involvement. Paper at the European Transport Conference, Strasbourg, 2003.
- Katteler, H, Eppink, M., Analysis of the impact of Community policies on regional cohesion. ITS, Nijmegen, 2003.
- Woldringh, C. & Katteler, H., Knowledge, attitude and behaviour with respect to traffic safety among pupils. ITS, Nijmegen, 2002.
- Katteler, H., Bokma, H. & Broeders, W., Impacts of in-car traffic information. Paper for the 9th ITS World Congress, Chicago, 2002.
- Katteler, H., Evaluation Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA): the acceptance among personal car drivers (in Dutch). ITS/AGV, Nijmegen, 2001.
Publications at ICTCT workshops