Born in Lüneburg, Germany 1951
• 1977 Graduated in psychology at the Technical University of Braunschweig
• 1983 Ph.D. at the Technical University of Braunschweig with a thesis on the Traffic Conflicts Technique
• 1978-1981 Research Assistant at the Institute of Applied Psychology, Technical University of Braunschweig
• 1979, 1983 Joining calibration studies on traffic conflicts in Rouen and Malmö
• 1981-1990 Researcher and lecturer at the Institute of Psychology at the Technical University Munich
• Since 1990 free lance work in engineering psychology, occupational and traffic safety as a researcher, trainer and consultant
• Since 2001 staff member at mensch-verkehr-umwelt, Institute of Applied Psychology, Munich
• Road traffic safety (measuring safety, observation methods, driver and task modelling, ITS and safety)
• Human factors (man-machine interaction, interface design and evaluation, usability, reliability)
• Fastenmeier, W. & Gstalter, H. (2010). Reliability of drivers in urban intersections. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 42, 225-234.
• Fastenmeier, W. & Gstalter, H. (2010). The human reliability approach in road traffic safety. In Krems, J.F., Petzold, T. und Henning, M.(Eds.): Proceedings of the European Conference on human centered design for intelligent transport systems, Berlin (pp. 435-444). Lyon: HUMANIST publications.
• Gstalter, H. & Fastenmeier, W. (2008). Thirty years of traffic safety research. A personal retrospective of concepts and methods. In H. Monterde I Bort & D. Moreno-Ribas (Eds.): Towards future traffic safety research. Proceedings of the 20th ICTCT workshop, pp. 198-208, Valencia: Palmero Editiones.
• Fastenmeier, W. & Gstalter, H. (2008). Applications of a new tool in driver task analysis (SAFE). In H. Monterde I Bort & D. Moreno-Ribas (Eds.): Towards future traffic safety research. Proceedings of the 20th workshop in Valencia, pp. 209-223. Valencia: Palmero Editiones.
• Fastenmeier, W. & Gstalter, H. (2007). Driving task analysis as a tool in traffic research and practise. Safety Science, 45, 952-979.
For a list of publications see www.mensch-verkehr-umwelt.de/veroeff.html
|Applications of error data in traffic safety evaluation: a review on our recent field studies||FASTENMEIER, Wolfgang; GSTALTER, Herbert|
|Driver reliability and traffic safety: the use of error data in assessing road traffic informatics (rti)||GSTALTER, Herbert|
|Driving tasks and new information technologies||FASTENMEIER, Wolfgang; GSTALTER, Herbert|
|Safety impacts of in-car navigation systems||FASTENMEIER, Wolfgang; GSTALTER, Herbert|
|A behaviour and interaction study for assessing safety impacts of a new electronic car equipment||GSTALTER, Herbert|
|October 25 – 26. 2007. Valencia|
|Thirty years of traffic safety research: A personal retrospective of concepts and methods|| ABSTR