- UCL Centre For Transport Studies PhD 1999
- PhD Thesis: Accident involvement of child pedestrians: a holistic study of relative risk.
- University of Reading BA Psychology (2:1) 1984
- Member of the Parliamentary Advisory Committee on Traffic Safety (PACTS) Working Group on Road user Behaviour and European Transport Safety Council (ETSC)
- Member of Editorial Board of the journal “Injury Prevention”
- Member of Editorial Board of the journal “International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences Research IATSS”
- Member of the Editorial Board of “BMC Public Health”
- Member of UK Transport Safety Commission
Main areas of interest
- Causes and consequences of road collisions
- Relationship between poverty and collisions
- In depth crash analysis
- Occupational road risk
- Applying systems and health models to road safety
- Risk and risk analysis
- British Psychological Society
- Helman, S., Christie, N., Ward, H., Grayson, G., Delmonte, E., & Hutchins, R. (2014). A strategic review of the management of occupational road risk. Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
- Talbot, R., Reed, S., Barnes, J., Thomas, P. D., & Christie, N. (2014). Pedal Cyclist Fatalities in London: Analysis of Police Collision Files (2007-2011). Transport for London.
- Gabbe, B. J., Sleney, J. S., Gosling, C. M., Wilson, K., Sutherland, A., Hart, M., . . . Christie, N. (2014). Financial and employment impacts of serious injury: A qualitative study. Injury, 45 (9), 1445-1451. doi:10.1016/j.injury.2014.01.019
- Sleney, J., Christie, N., Earthy, S., Lyons, R. A., Kendrick, D., & Towner, E. (2014). Improving recovery—Learning from patients’ experiences after injury: A qualitative study. Injury, 45 (1), 312-319. doi:10.1016/j.injury.2012.12.025 Linking transport, health and sustainability: Better data sets for better policy-making
- Cavoli, CM; Christie, N; Mindell, J; Titheridge, H; Linking transport, health and sustainability: Better data sets for better policy-making. Journal of Transport and Health
Contact details: UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT. Tel: (44) 20 7679 2716 email: email@example.com