Born in Thessaloniki, Greece
• B.Sc in Rural and Surveying Engineering, Faculty of Rural and Surveying Engineering, School of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
• M.Sc in Transportation Planning and Engineering, Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), Leeds University, U.K.
• Ph.D in Transportation, Faculty of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
• Associate Professor in Transportation, Faculty of Rural and Surveying Engineering, School of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Main areas of interest
• Traffic Management, Road Safety, Public Transport, Evaluation of Transportation Projects, Sustainable Mobility
• ICTCT, HITE
• Taxiltaris C., Mintsis G., Basbas S., Fylaktakis A., Tsoukala A., «Évaluation d`actes pour la formation à la sécurité routière et pour l`apprentissage de la conduite», Congrès International ATEC ITS France, Versailles, France, 2-3 Février 2011.
• Mintsis G., Basbas S., Kokkalis A., Taxiltaris C., «Identification of overloaded heavy goods vehicles using vehicle speeds on uphills», Proc.of the 5th International Conference on Bituminous Mixtures and Pavements, Thessaloniki, 1–3 June 2011.
• Basbas S., Konstantinidou C., Giorgou A., «Evaluation of road safety level in school areas: the case of the city of Thessaloniki, Greece», Proc. of the 17th International Conference: Urban Transport and the Environment in the 21st Century – Urban Transport XV, Wessex Institute of Technology, Pisa, Italy, 6-8 June 2011.
• Papaioannou P., Basbas S., Konstantinidou C., Politis I., «Pedestrian needs for safe, healthy and accessible mobility in the urban environment», 3rd International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (C.E.M.E.P.E.) and SECOTOX Conference, 19-24 June 2011, Skiathos, Greece.
• Pitsiava M., Basbas S., Gavanas N., Oulis I., «The implementation of a cycle network in the city of Thessaloniki-Greece: Evaluation, remedial proposals and policies», 3rd Annual Traffic Management and Bus Priority Conference, PTRC, Liverpool, UK., 19–20 July 2011.
|October 2005. Helsinki|
|Expected safety and socioeconomic Benefits from the Application of telematics Application in the Greek Motorways: The case of Egnatia Odos|| ABSTR
|BASBAS, Socrates; DODOS, M.; PAPAIOANNOU, Panos|
|Interrelation of road environment and the pedestrians in urban areas: a safety oriented approach||BASBAS, Socrates; KOPELIAS, Pantelis; PAPAIOANNOU, Panos|
|October 23 – 25. 2002. Brno|
|Enforcement and traffic accidents: Recent experience from Greece||BASBAS, Socrates; PAPAIOANNOU, Panos; TAXILTARIS, C.|
|The involvement of the public in the design process of short-term traffic management measures||BASBAS, Socrates; PAPAIOANNOU, Panos; TAXILTARIS, C.|
|Traffic safety policy implementation through highway code changes||BASBAS, Socrates; KOKKALIS, A.; PAPAIOANNOU, Panos|
|2000. New Delhi|
|Evaluation of traffic calming measures in Thessaloniki metropolitan area||BASBAS, Socrates; MINTSIS, G.; PAPAIOANNOU, Panos; TAXILTARIS, C.|