Born: 1975, Portugal
• B.Sc. in Civil Engineering (5 years), University of Porto, Portugal (1998)
• M.Sc. in Transport Infrastructure, University of Porto, Portugal (2003)
• PhD in Civil Engineering, University of Porto, Portugal (2010)
• Assistant Professor at Civil Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, Portugal
• Accident modelling
• Hotspot analysis
• Injury severity classification
• Emergency assistance
• Driver behaviour
• Automated vehicle safety
• International Co-operation on Theories and Concepts in Traffic Safety
• Research Centre for Territory, Transports and Environment CITTA, Portugal
• Instituto de Construção IC, Portugal<
• Couto, A., Amorim, M., Ferreira, S., 2016. Reporting road victims: Assessing and correcting data issues through distinct injury scales. Journal of Safety Research 57, 39-45.
• Cunto, F., Sobreira, L., Ferreira, S., 2015. Assessing the transferability of the highway safety manual predictive method for urban roads in fortaleza city, brazil. Journal of Transportation Engineering 141 (1), 04014072.
• Ferreira, S., Amorim, M., Couto, A., 2016. Risk factors affecting injury severity determined by the mais score. Traffic Injury Prevention [in press].
• Ferreira, S., Couto, A., 2015. A probabilistic approach towards a crash risk assessment of urban segments. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 50, 97-105.
• Ferreira, S., Falcão, L., Couto, A., Amorim, M., 2015. The quality of the injury severity classification by the police: An important step for a reliable assessment. Safety Science 79, 88-93.
Phone +351 225 081 968