Year of birth: 1970
- (2007) PhD, Linköping University, Sweden. Dissertation: Road Safety Development Index (RSDI) Theory, Philosophy and Practice.
- (2002) Master of Science, Linköping University, Sweden (Traffic Environment and Safety Management)
- Associate Professor at Linkoping University, Sweden
- Senior lecturer at Linkoping University, Sweden
- Researcher at Linkoping University, Sweden
- EU project coordinator Erasmus+ (TEMPUS program before)
- Assistant coordinator of the MSc program Intelligent Transport Systems and Logisticsat LiU.
MAIN AREAS OF INTEREST
- Road traffic safety in general
- Behavioral studies and safety
- Accident prediction models
- Traffic calming measures
- Road safety audit
- Intelligent Transport Systems and Safety
- Night traffic and safety
- Al-Haji, G., Fowler, S., Granberg T. (2018). Smart Traffic Calming Measures for Smart Cities a pre-study. CARER-Center for Advanced Research in Emergency Response in Sweden (CARER) Rapport Nr 22. Linköping University Electronic Press.
- Al-Haji, G., Adeyemi A. (2017). Applying Pre-Accident Observational Methods for Accident Assessment and Prediction at Intersections in Norrkoping City in Sweden. ICTLE 2017, International Conference on Transportation and Logistics Engineering, Venice, Italy, November 13 – 14, 2017.
- Al-Haji, G., (2014). The Impact of New Street Lighting Technologies on Traffic Safety. The Journal of Traffic and Logistics Engineering, Volume 2, No. 3, 2014, pp. 202-205. http://www.jtle.net/uploadfile/2014/0604/20140604035012103.pdf
- Al-Haji, G., (2011). Integrated System for Monitoring Road Safety Performance in Cities. Book: Urban Street Design & Planning (2013), ISBN: 9781845648473, WIT Press. pp. 105-111.
Department of Science and Technology (ITN)
601 74 Norrköping
Tel: +46 11 363373